Our client, a highly successful business based in South Norfolk, are seeking an experience Tax professional to join their business. This role is ideally full-time however reduced hours would be considered as would highly flexible hybrid working.
As Tax Accountant, you will report directly to the Head of Tax and support them in a wide range of tax related tasks. These tasks include preparation of corporation tax returns, preparation of tax accounting provisions & disclosures (IFRS & FRS101) for year-end and interim reporting and VAT compliance. In this dynamic role, you will work closely with a variety of stakeholders from inside and outside the business to deliver accurate and timely tax reporting and compliance and support the wider Tax and Financial Accounts teams.
The opportunity will suit an experienced Tax Accountant who is ambitious and self-motivated. You will be part of a strong team of dedicated peers and you will be comfortable engaging with peers, senior colleagues and external advisors to deliver reporting on a timely and accurate basis. You will have competent tax background and be comfortable with tax fundamentals.
• Preparation and submission of c40 UK corporation tax returns using in-house software, Alphatax.
• Preparation of annual and interim tax accounting.
• Preparation of capital allowance claims.
• Preparing quarterly instalment tax calculations, group relief calculations and managing Group Payment Arrangement allocations.
• Preparation of VAT returns; UK, Europe and Australia.
• Supporting on various tax projects, which could include acquisitions, R&D claims, cross border tax matters, changes in tax legislation.
• Assisting in different tax matters relating to European & Australian entities.
• A recognised qualification (CTA, ACA, ACCA, ATT) is preferred.
• Strong MS Excel knowledge.
• Driven individual with ability to take ownership.
• Good organisational skills, able to prioritise workloads and work to tight deadlines.
• Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels.
Riva Jervis BSc (Hons)Recruitment Manager
T: 01603 851840