Our client, a growing organisation based in Lowestoft, are seeking an experienced Part-Qualified Accountant to join their team as a Project/ Management Accountant.
Reporting to the Finance Manager the role will be involved in all day to day finance activities, ledgers, processes, controls and month end. In addition, the role is to provide a good solid reporting and financial management source for all contracts / projects via a proactive hands-on approach. A key element of the role will involve monitoring project performance and further developing project controls and reporting.
• Weekly forecast update to track performance of fast paced offshore projects, including monthly forecast to support Management Accounts i.e. month end project revenue recognition and project cost accruals.
• Understanding of progress and productivity calculations to ensure risk and accurate progress is reported and challenged where necessary.
• Change management including identifying commercial opportunities, with suitable accounting structure to highlight variation performance.
• Produce cash flow forecasts to ensure any potential temporary contract / project cash shortfalls are highlighted in order to be addressed / resolved.
• Draft preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts, budgets and financial forecasts for review with Finance Manager.
• Coordinate management accounts timetable to ensure strict deadlines are achieved.
• Responsible for ensuring financials are accurately reported
• Complete month end journals and nominal account reconciliations.
• Balance sheet reconciliation accounts and timely resolve of issues as appropriate
• Assist Finance Manager with Supervision of Finance Team, including supporting apprenticeship program, with coaching/training and overall support.
• Assist with external audit, liaising with group and to ensure smooth audit of annual financial statements
• Responsible for VAT returns, including ensuring administration and record keeping is compliant and in line with regulatory requirements.
Suitable candidates will be AAT qualified and or studying towards CIMA/ACCA/ACA and have recent experience in a similar level role. In addition to this excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with those outside of finance.
Riva Jervis BSc (Hons)Recruitment Manager
T: 01603 851840